[Kroupware] Using the kmail kolab client and outlook to access the same account

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:51:42 +0100

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 17:42, Carlos A. Rega wrote:
> Hi, I am testing the kde and bynari plugin clients agains the kolab
> server (beta 2.1).
>
> Using the web interface I created a user in the kolab server, and then
> I connected to it using outlook (most of the people here will be using
> outlook
>
> :-(), which worked fine, I can send and receive e-mail, set
> : appointments,
>
> etc, however, when I try to connect to that user with the kde kolab
> clients, they don't get to use the folders that outlook created for
> calendar, notes etc.
>
> Here is what I did
>
> create an imap account in Kmail, which generates a top level folder
> (kolab in my case), when I log into the account inside the kolab folder
> there is the Inbox folder, and inside it the folders created by
> outlook, where I can, for instance, see the appointments in the
> calendar folder, but Kmail creates four folders directly under the
> kolab folder for calendar, contacs, notes, etc, this way outlook does
> not see the calendar events generated by kmail, otherwise it works
> fine, I get to send the appointment requests an receive the
> confirmations, etc, in kmail.
>
> Is there something obvious that I am missing? BTW I am using the beta 2
> clients
>
> Thaks a lot for your help and congrats for the good work

It is unfortunately not possible to use both KMail and Outlook to access=20
the same account. The reason for this is that Outlook stores everything=20
in a proprietary format in the folders that KMail can only to some extend=20
work on.

The people using the clients must decide which of the clients they want to=
=20
use, and stick to it :-(

Bo.

=2D-=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark