[Kroupware] Using the kmail kolab client and outlook to access the same account

Carlos A. Rega kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:42:18 +0000

Hi, I am testing the kde and bynari plugin clients agains the kolab server
(beta 2.1).

Using the web interface I created a user in the kolab server, and then I
connected to it using outlook (most of the people here will be using outlook
:-(), which worked fine, I can send and receive e-mail, set appointments,
etc, however, when I try to connect to that user with the kde kolab clients,
they don't get to use the folders that outlook created for calendar, notes
etc.

Here is what I did

create an imap account in Kmail, which generates a top level folder (kolab in
my case), when I log into the account inside the kolab folder there is the
Inbox folder, and inside it the folders created by outlook, where I can, for
instance, see the appointments in the calendar folder, but Kmail creates four
folders directly under the kolab folder for calendar, contacs, notes, etc,
this way outlook does not see the calendar events generated by kmail,
otherwise it works fine, I get to send the appointment requests an receive
the confirmations, etc, in kmail.

Is there something obvious that I am missing? BTW I am using the beta 2
clients

Thaks a lot for your help and congrats for the good work

Carlos