[Kroupware] Some questions

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Dec 23 13:45:57 CET 2003

Am Wednesday 19 November 2003 01:58 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Such a configuration is very much recommended. Basically the smtp proxy
> in the DMZ forwards all legal incoming mail to the Kolab server in the
> intranet. Often it is also a good idea to scan for viruses and do some
> anti-spam precautions in the DMZ already.

I want to give some final feedback to this issue. I've setup the servers and
the transport successfully. I've also managed to integrate AmavisD-new
(with SpamAssassin and McAfee Anti Virus). Finally I've integrated
Majordomo to keep our mailing lists working. I'm quite esatisfied with this
solution. Thanks to the developers!

However I've still a question and a wish. The question is, is it normal that
the /kolab/etc/kolab/aliases.template does not get copied
to /kolap/etc/postfix/aliases and that /kolab/sbin/newaliases does not get
called when refreshing the Kolab configuration via
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab -o -v ?

And the wish is, could you please make planed enhancements, extensions and
such things more transparent? It's extremely difficult to find out ino
which direction the development goes and what one can expect in the next
time from Kolab. I mean, there are some competing groupware projects out
there. To make people decide for Kolab instead of for e.g. OpenGroupware
means to show the own potential. Yes it's maketing, but this is sometimes
needed. ;-)

Regards,
Andreas