[Kroupware] Some questions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 23 14:51:58 CET 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 13:45, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Wednesday 19 November 2003 01:58 schrieb Martin Konold:
> > Such a configuration is very much recommended. Basically the smtp proxy
> > in the DMZ forwards all legal incoming mail to the Kolab server in the
> > intranet. Often it is also a good idea to scan for viruses and do some
> > anti-spam precautions in the DMZ already.
>
> I want to give some final feedback to this issue. I've setup the servers
> and the transport successfully. I've also managed to integrate AmavisD-new
> (with SpamAssassin and McAfee Anti Virus). Finally I've integrated
> Majordomo to keep our mailing lists working. I'm quite esatisfied with this
> solution. Thanks to the developers!

Thanks for the feedback.

> However I've still a question and a wish. The question is, is it normal
> that the /kolab/etc/kolab/aliases.template does not get copied
> to /kolap/etc/postfix/aliases and that /kolab/sbin/newaliases does not get
> called when refreshing the Kolab configuration via
> /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab -o -v ?

Sounds like a bug to me.
Will create an issue in the public issue tracker in a couple of minutes.

> And the wish is, could you please make planed enhancements, extensions and
> such things more transparent? It's extremely difficult to find out ino
> which direction the development goes and what one can expect in the next
> time from Kolab. I mean, there are some competing groupware projects out
> there. To make people decide for Kolab instead of for e.g. OpenGroupware
> means to show the own potential. Yes it's maketing, but this is sometimes
> needed. ;-)

I completely agree.
When the Kroupware project (contracted work as supposed to the Kolab project)
was concluded, there was no special timeline. Like with any Free Software project,
user demand and developer interest drives the project.
Thus it is our all project in a way and you are completely right
that we should get it more structured.