[Kroupware] Upgrade Kolab? (Webmail)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 23 12:52:08 CET 2003

On Monday 22 December 2003 09:42, Bernhard Reinhardt wrote:
> I found the 1.14 Version of kolab on the net. Is it a
> security-fix-release or a newfeaturesrelease?

To my knowledge there is no 1.14 version of Kolab Server.
The last stable release by Erfrakon is 1.0.8.
There also was a 1.0.9pre and some improvements
in the CVS.

There are two possible points of confusion.
	The rpm of the webinterface is also called kolab.
        Last release was 1.0.14.

        Zfos builds test packages based on new OpenPGK
        revisions. They unfortunately call their version kolab-1.0.14,
        I don't quite know why.

> Background: I´d like to
> have webmail. I found horde installed in the kolab folder but I´m not
> sure if it has come along with kolab because I copied some horde files
> into my kolab folder (No, I didn´t look before because I thought kolab
> wouldn´t provide webmail at this time but I´m not sure anymore). At the
> moment horde isn´t working (returns only blank pages) but I don´t know
> if it has ever worked or if I just have to make some conf-tuning or if
> is part of kolab. So my question: Would upgrading kolab also upgrade
> horde (and hopefully reset it to a working status)? Are there other good
> reasons for upgrading?

The last changes in the stable Kolab CVS were security fixes.
Horde integration is part of the experimental CVS branch,
currently I don't know if somebody builds packages out of it.

> Is 1.14 an official version since I can´t find it on erfracon.de nor on
> kde.org? Is there a Upgrade-HOWTO (Seems to me that openpkg has to be
> upgraded, too)?

The version question should be answered with the information above.
I am also not aware of any Update-HOWTO.

> I know, lots of dummy-questions but I find it somewhat hard to find the
> right information on the kroupware pages :-(

Point taken, we need to clean this up sooner or later.
Thanks for you support!