[Kroupware] Important stuff is missing WHY?

Carlo Kok ck at carlo-kok.com
Mon Aug 18 11:54:34 CEST 2003

Olaf Boehm wrote:

> I installed Kolab and in works good.
>
> I wondering why very important stuff is not covered by a howto or the
> kolab server this makes Kolab near unusable for me and pretty much all!
>
> 1) To get external mail you have to use fetchmail to poll from your ISP
> but then how to deliver the mail to kolab hard to understand this major
> point was not covered

I never setup fetchmail before, but that was really easy:

set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
poll server with proto POP3
        user 'user' there with password 'password' is 'yourname' here
smtpaddress 'kolabhost' smtpname 'kolabname at kolabhost'

and then a cron task (or you use it in daemon mode)

Carlo Kok