[Kroupware] Important stuff is missing WHY?

Jon Bendtsen jbendtsen at laerdal.dk
Mon Aug 18 12:18:39 CEST 2003

> ]On Behalf
> Of Olaf Boehm
> Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 10:48 AM
> To: kroupware at mail.kde.org
> Subject: [Kroupware] Important stuff is missing WHY?
>

> I installed Kolab and in works good.
>
> I wondering why very important stuff is not covered by a
> howto or the
> kolab server this makes Kolab near unusable for me and
> pretty much all!

Maybe because other people doesnt have the same needs as you
have? Or maybe they knew postfix/fetchmail in advance.

> 1) To get external mail you have to use fetchmail to poll
> from your ISP
> but then how to deliver the mail to kolab hard to
> understand this major
> point was not covered

I think you are mistaken. Kolab, or rather postfix can easily
recieve email from external, you just have to setup a MX DNS
record that points to your external kolab ip. (and possibly
turn off that sending is only allowed with a username).

> 2) Send mail via extrenam SMTP relay why this is not
> covered when e.g.
> in germany where Kolab was paid direct sending is not
> possible   hard to
> understand this major point was not covered

Because this is not a kolab issue, but a postfix issue. So look
in the postfix documentation for how you can tell your postfix
that it must relay through a smtp server.

JonB