[Kroupware] webmail and unix accounts

Andreas Jellinghaus kroupware@mail.kde.org
29 Sep 2002 21:07:12 +1200

Hi Art,

this is only my personal sitation and i do not speak for anyone else:
i have a working server with most features i want. I#m working on the
web frontend as the important part.

I don't see anything that will improve by switching to citadel.
My biggest concenr is the outlook integration, and whether a CAL
server wouldn't make a lot more sence than a that mail/folder wrangling.

idealy i would like to see this:
 - me finish my web frontend
 - someone write a good cal server with cyrus like features. idealy the
   cyrus people will write a cal server? :-)
 - cal implementation in open source clients
 - someone implements MAPI for outlook to allow a real attachment to
   open source servers

sorry, but switching to citadel will loose my ldap abilities, will lose
my working free/busy publishing, and will not gain any of the things i'm
searching for (ok, maybe a anice web frontend, but i got mine working
anyway).

i dont mean to offence you, but this is my situation, and maybe you can
understand why i will not switch to citadel.

sorry.

best regards, andreas