[Kroupware] Another name for "Kroupware"

Don Sanders kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:52:15 +1000

Thanks for that very nice post Cornelius.

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 08:06, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 September 2002 16:46, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > 	KDE Kolab client we are developing will be based on KMail
> > 	and KOrganizer, already known labels.
> > 	Furthermore there might be longer plans within the KDE-PIM
> > 	initiative to reshuffle the functionality later.
> > 	Maybe someone taking a lead role in KDE-PIM should comment
> > 	on the long term plans.
>
> We have always concentrated on making the individual applications
> as good as possible for their specific purposes. I don't think this
> will change in the future.

<cut>

> The integration of the GUIs to a common application similar to
> Outlook or its clones is something we have been constantly asked
> for. The component technology KDE provides gives us the big chance
> to achieve that without loosing the ability to run the components
> as separate applications. Kaplan is an implementation of that
> concept and as we have seen on the mailing lists in the last few
> weeks, there is a broad consensus that something based on this
> concept is the future of kdepim (including KMail, KNode and
> others).

I do wonder how KNode fits into kroupware.

<cut>

> We can discuss the name of the shell/framework/meta application. I
> like the name "Kaplan", but Don's proposal "Kontact" might also be
> fine. If somebody has a really good idea, we could also choose
> something completely different.

I do want to rename Kaplan to Kontact at some point. But there are
several bugs and/or missing features that I want to work on first.

Don.