[Kroupware] Kaddressbook coupled to IMAP

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:08:45 +0200

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 13:43, Miles Lott wrote:
> A couple of questions on the contact portion of this.
> 1. Is it the intention that IMAP would be the only backend?

Definately not, and that is not the case as it is now. You have to set IM=
AP in=20
the kaddressbook settings in kontrol center to make kaddressbook fetch it=
's=20
contacts from IMAP.

> 2. If ldap is still in the picture, have you completed schema for this?
>
> Either way, please point me to specific documentation of this.  I would
> like to be compatible with the schema once GroupWhere is truly
> functional.

kroupware fetches it's global addressbook over ldap. But the KDE ldap io =
slave=20
is read only, so you can't have your personal addressbook on an ldap serv=
er.

I'm sure noone would mind if you start hacking on write mode in the ldap =
slave=20
though :-)

Bo.

--=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark