[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Michael Brade kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:34:53 +0200

--Boundary-02=_QUfq9JvBR7Toq9b

Hi,

On Friday 11 October 2002 15:52, Martin Konold wrote:
> On Friday 11 October 2002 01:41 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > I think you could use iCalendar VJOURNAL entries for notes.
Ahh cool, thanks! Will have a deeper look at the rfcs the next days.

> > >   - Are you going to implement alarms? If not, this comes next on my
> > > TODO.
> >
> > If you use libkcal to store the notes the basic infrastructure for alar=
ms
> > is already done and you only have to add some GUI stuff for displaying
> > the
>
> I very much second Cornelius! Please simply use vcal stuff whenever
> possible. Actually, calendar, todos, notes etc. all map nicly to vcal.
Yes, sure, I think this idea is great as well. I especially like Cornelius'=
=20
suggestion to extend kalarmd, I had something like this in mind, too.
I'll have to read its code first, though.

Ciao,
=2D-=20
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'
  =B0--web: http://www.kde.org/people/michaelb.html

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience