[Kroupware] /openpkg...

Lutz Badenheuer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 00:12:24 +0100

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 28. November 2002 22:31 schrieb konold@erfrakon.de:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Lutz Badenheuer wrote:
> > Second, I do not understand why you do not fork() when a connet
> > has taken place. Thus, every client would be handled by an own
> > proces, so you don't have to worry with IO::Select.
>
> This could potentially lead to a very large load on the system.

I do not understand this. How many admins do you expect to work
simultaneously on the system?

> > Third, I do not understand who had the idea to write the config
> > files line by line with print() statements. We should use
> > Text::Template instead of this <censored> idea. The e-Smith guys
> > work with this
>
> Good point!

Maybe you'll want to have a look at what the e-Smith people wrote
about their Perl experiences with Text::Template...

  http://www.e-smith.org/docs/papers/perl-article.html

Kind regards,
Lutz

--
Lutz Badenheuer     | IT--Consulting, Development, Networksolutions
luke@the-web-ac.com | C/C++, OO-Perl, sh | Linux, SCO UNIX, Solaris