[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Bernhard Reiter kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:28:17 +0100

--Boundary-02=_Wg9y9qpEq8eO48f

On Thursday 07 November 2002 16:03, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 07 November 2002 12:03, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 November 2002 22:03, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> >
> > >  It would be even
> > > better, if a common GUI for both cases could be used.
> >
> > I tend to disagree here.
> > The GUI should be as specific to the task as possible.
>=20
> Is it really so hard to make a GUI that works for one attendee as well=20
> as for multiple attendees?

Not on the GUI side.=20
It is more complicated on the workflow side.

I want to prevent that this is going to be a full scale task scheduling=20
application soon. I'd rather would keep that separate per design.

> KOrganizer aims at being a iCalendar compliant application.=20
> If it can't handle a file conforming to the standard this is bad.=20

There will be many way to write an iCalender compliant files which does not=
=20
really make sense. For Kroupware a subset of the iCalender standard
is probably perferable.

> What happens, if you read a=20
> todo with multiple attendees with the kroupware interpretation of todos?=
=20
What=20
> happens, if the user edits it or removes the attendee?

BTW: Does the iCalender format propose a workflow for all this?