[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Cornelius Schumacher kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:35:58 +0100

On Friday 08 November 2002 16:28, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thursday 07 November 2002 16:03, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
>
> > KOrganizer aims at being a iCalendar compliant application.
> > If it can't handle a file conforming to the standard this is bad.
>
> There will be many way to write an iCalender compliant files which
> does not really make sense. For Kroupware a subset of the iCalender
> standard is probably perferable.

For Kroupware that might be true, but we are talking about the code
which will be merged back to the main KOrganizer version.

> > What happens, if you read a
> > todo with multiple attendees with the kroupware interpretation of
> > todos? What happens, if the user edits it or removes the attendee?
>
> BTW: Does the iCalender format propose a workflow for all this?

There are several long sections about scheduling todos in the iTIP
standard (rfc 2446). This even includes detailed examples about todos
with multiple attendees.