[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Bernhard Reiter kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 17:08:17 +0100

--Boundary-02=_0z+x9Jg8+G/kwyR

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 15:47, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 14:31, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > CVS commit by steffen:
> >
> > Simpler handling of todo items. #define NO_KROUPWARE_TODOS to get the o=
ld
> > behaviour
>=20
> This is exactly the kind of stuff which will make a lot of work, when=20
> merging into HEAD.
>=20
> We can't just remove existing KOrganizer functionality and replace it by=
=20
> some kroupware specific functionality.=20
> Keeping the define is also not acceptable,=20
> because it would mean that we still would need different builds for the=20
> original KOrganizer and the kroupware version.=20
> I really think our goal has to=20
> be to make the standard KDE clients compatible with the kolab server and =
to=20
> not provide special versions for this case.

This seems to be a general problem if certain institutions
have requirements. We could make it configuration options, though.

> By the way, as it was always was stated that the name "kroupware" will di=
e=20
> with the end of the development contract, you shouldn't put it in the sou=
rce=20
> code which will (hopefully) live much longer.

Well the project will end. The name will not "die".
It will still be the name of the then ended project.

--Boundary-02=_0z+x9Jg8+G/kwyR

--Boundary-02=_0z+x9Jg8+G/kwyR--