[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Cornelius Schumacher kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:47:00 +0100

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 14:31, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> CVS commit by steffen:
>
> Simpler handling of todo items. #define NO_KROUPWARE_TODOS to get the old
> behaviour

This is exactly the kind of stuff which will make a lot of work, when merging
into HEAD.

We can't just remove existing KOrganizer functionality and replace it by some
kroupware specific functionality. Keeping the define is also not acceptable,
because it would mean that we still would need different builds for the
original KOrganizer and the kroupware version. I really think our goal has to
be to make the standard KDE clients compatible with the kolab server and to
not provide special versions for this case.

By the way, as it was always was stated that the name "kroupware" will die
with the end of the development contract, you shouldn't put it in the source
code which will (hopefully) live much longer.

And another side note: it would be more consistent, if you would respect the
KOrganizer naming conventions for ui files. This also will make merging
easier. In this case it's probably not very good to use a ui file at all.