Photons and Re: Libraries

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 14:45:10 CEST 2004

On Thursday 15 July 2004 07:35, olivier.saraja at linuxgraphic.org wrote:
> About Photons:
> ==============
> It seems impossible to give a Photon block to a CSG product (Union,
> Intersect...). I know that the Photon block is objects description blocks,
> but if I have 35 objects melded into one object using CSG, I'm not sure
> I'd like to set a Photon block for each of these, unless I'd like to have
> a different behavior for each of these according to photon maps. What I'd
> like to see is a Photon block for the CSG object, with the Photon blocks
> at the objects level superceeding the one of the CSG level, if needed. I
> feel that the workflow is more natural and quick this way.
> What do you think? Is it possible to code like this without breaking
> anything in POV-ray code?

What your decribing should be the way it works already.

I think whats happened here is the exception of CSG from some graphical object
insert rules mean its now missing the Photon rule. Try the attached
baseinsertrules.xml

Should be put in share/apps/kpovmodeler ( which us usually found in /usr
or /opt/kde )

I'll commit it as soon as the immediate freeze is off on the 18th.

--
Leon Pennington

"If you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you
teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime."