New Patterns

olivier at linuxgraphic.org olivier at linuxgraphic.org
Tue Apr 13 09:34:21 CEST 2004

Hi all,
back from holidays in Spain, sorry for my long silence.

>I've added the patterns Cells, Julia and Slope . I've also updated Crackle and
>Mandel with their complete 3.5 options. All the changes are completely
>backward compatible with the old patterns.

The Slope pattern is especially a good news, as it is very interesting for
landscapes. I suppose you implemented it because you had a need for it for your
own landscape plugin, Leon, no? ;o) BTW, I'm willing to beta-test your
landscape plugin, whatever its current status, because landscapes are one of my
main focus with 3D apps... I have many ideas about what should be included in a
good landscape plugin, so feel free to continue this discussion on PM if you
like: olivier at linuxgraphic.org

>Theres actually less todo than I first though, so I now working no_image,
>no_reflection, followed by uv mapping.

I think great work has been done with integration of POV-Ray 3.5 features in
the latest KPM release. All the main features I'm interested in are already
supported, which sounds like good news to me ;o)

For the other news, the fifth tutorial for KPM has been placed on
linuxgraphic.org. This one deals with... creation of landscapes with KPM! ;o)))
Unfortunately, it is only in french, as I have absolutely no free time to
translate my tutorials in english for now. Much turmoils in my life, almost
only positive things, fortunately.

Cheers,
OlivS