UV Mapping

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 14:48:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

This is proving harder than I though. Which is usually the case lately..

The problem is I was thinking of making the uv mapping flags for pigment,
texture and normal appear only when the parent object was one of the objects
that can use uv mapping, and it was valid to do so.

The problem is its very hard to tell since I might even be in a CSG where the
object recieving the uv mapping, isn't the the direct parent, or I might have
to search very deep.

This seems like alot of overhead for a simply feature. So should I make the uv
mapping always available? ( It doesn't cause an error when rendering, its
just ignored by povray ).

--
Leon Pennington

"Programming, it's an art form that fights back."