distributed rendering

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Mon Sep 15 22:54:11 CEST 2003

Hi!

On Sunday, 14. September 2003 00:19, Christoph Fabianek wrote:
> I have written a while ago to the list about implementing a distributed
> render mode. Now I have the first working version and would like to ask for
> some advice - it's my first code in C++ and I'm also not very familiar with
> CVS... Ok, here we go:
>
> Attached is the output of 'cvs diff -l > ~/dist_render.patch' in
> 'kdegraphics/kpovmodeler' - is this the correct way of submitting a patch?

Your .cvsrc file should look as follows:
-z9
diff -u
update -dP
checkout -P

Then cvs diff > filename is enough.

> What do you think about the patch itself? I'm sure some things are not
> implemented optimally... (a screenshot of the 'Render Modes' dialog is
> available at  http://fsmat.at/~cfabiane/tmp/render_modes.png )

Your patch looks ok at first sight.
Sorry, I was too frustrated after work to look at your patch in deep.

> And the biggest problem I have is with displaying the distributed rendered
> image in the 'Render Window'. Currently the image is rendered with nspovray
> which writes the composed result to stdout via 'cat result.tga'. The
> problem I encounter is that it shows the image bottom up.

Does that mean the image is not displayed while rendering? And that means no
progress information is shown?

Greetings, Andreas

 Andreas Zehender
 Master of Computer Science, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 http://www.azweb.de
 az at azweb.de | zehender at kde.org