distributed rendering

Christoph Fabianek fabianek at cs.utk.edu
Tue Sep 16 00:50:10 CEST 2003

> > And the biggest problem I have is with displaying the distributed
> > rendered image in the 'Render Window'. Currently the image is rendered
> > with nspovray which writes the composed result to stdout via 'cat
> > result.tga'. The problem I encounter is that it shows the image bottom
> > up.
>
> Does that mean the image is not displayed while rendering? And that means
> no progress information is shown?

No - currently you don't see an image while it is rendered and there is no
progress information. But if you click the "Povray Output..." button you will
see the output of nspovray while it sends the individual parts to various
servers and downloads the result.

I have plans to show a grid in the preview window and display the servername
when a tile is assigned to a machine. After a part is rendered it will show
up in the grid like jigsaw pieces and with this information I can calculate
virtual "pixel/second". But for now I it just displays the composed image
when its finished - bottom up

Regards,
   Christoph