Bug 51471- Possible bugfix

Andreas Zehender kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:41:38 +0100

Hi!

On Friday, 07. March 2003 12:06, CARVALHO Luis Passos wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> As I did that patch to baseinsertrules.xml, I noticed that the file allows
> only one set of rules.

Does it?
Yes, one file can contain only one set of rules, but you can split up the file
and load the rules separately for a set of files.
See PMInsertRuleSystem::loadRules( const QString& fileName )

> It would be great if we could specify different sets which we could select.
> Much like the documentation map. If we intend to support different
> renderers, the rules may be different from renderer to renderer. What do
> you think?

I think the rules belong to the objects, not the renderers and that's what the
insert rules system was designed for. Each plugin that adds new objects adds
the insert rules for these objects.
I don't want the scene to become invalid if you change the renderer.

The scene validation should be done at export time with messages like:
The object "blablub" is not supported by the renderer "schlagmichblau"

> PS: The italian magazine inter.net has published in it's February's edition
> an article about povray and kpovmodeler.

I know that, but no details.
Do you have a link or some more information?

Andreas

 Andreas Zehender
 Master of Computer Science, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 http://www.azweb.de
 az@azweb.de | zehender@kde.org