Article in Inter.net (Was: RE: Bug 51471- Possible bugfix)

CARVALHO Luis Passos kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 20:34:52 -0000

[snip]

> I think the rules belong to the objects, not the renderers=20
> and that's what the=20
> insert rules system was designed for. Each plugin that adds=20
> new objects adds=20
> the insert rules for these objects.
> I don't want the scene to become invalid if you change the renderer.
>=20

I see. Well, we could add the base ruleset used to the scene =
specification,
but I agree with you that the rules belong to the objects, not the =
renderer
or kpovmodeler.
It would be just a way to make it easier for a user to use the =
application
with a specific renderer that doesn't support the rules specified for
povray.

> > PS: The italian magazine inter.net has published in it's=20
> February's edition
> > an article about povray and kpovmodeler.
>=20
> I know that, but no details.
> Do you have a link or some more information?
>=20

If you search for kpovmodeler in the site it will show you where the =
article
is, however, you can't access the full article as it is for subscribers =
of
the magazine only.

This is the text I can see:

"Di Daniele Medri madrid @ linuxmeeting.net Se amate il raytracing, =
allora
amate strumenti come Pov-Ray - www.povray.org e se vi interessa
quest'ultimo, non potete esimervi dal provare Kpovmodeler -
www.kpovmodeler.org, un'applicazione che si interfaccia al noto engine
precedentemente citato e offre notevoli strumenti di gestione e =
possibilit=E0.
Quando visiterete il sito indicato, e vi accingerete a scaricare il
software, non dubitate del numero di versione (al momento della =
stesura,
versione 0.2), perch=E9 lo strumento in questione =E8 stato sviluppato =
nel corso
di vari anni e. oltre a garantire una notevole stabilit=E0, offre la =
capacit=E0
di gestire progetti 3D in maniera molto intuitiva. "

Which roughly translated (by a self-taught italian-reading portugese, =
so
forgive any mistakes as they are unintentional) should mean:

"From Daniele Medri madrid @ linuxmeeting.net If you love raytracing, =
then
you love applications like Pov-Ray - www.povray.org and if you're =
interested
in povray, you can't avoid trying Kpovmodeler - www.kpovmodeler.org, an
application that interfaces with the previously referred well-known =
engine
and offers considerable features and possibilities. When you visit the =
site
mentioned and manage to download the software, don't doubt of the =
version
number (at the moment of the writing, version 0.2), because the =
aplication
in question has been in development for several years and besides =
ensuring a
considerable stability, offers the possibility of managing 3d projects =
in a
very intuitive fashion."

Italian speaking folk, if you would please volunteer to translate this =
text
correctly to english so that we can post this on the site, I'm sure =
both
Andreas and me would be very grateful. As for the full article, we'll =
have
to wait for the next issue of inter.net to come out before we can read =
it or
link to it.

Regards,
Luis