Bug 51471- Possible bugfix

Luis Carvalho kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:52:20 +0000

Hi!

I've just added a patch to bug 51471 with a bug fix for transformations and
texture maps.

Problem:
	Maps could not be inserted after transformations. However, transformations
could be inserted before maps. This is applicable to any kind of map
(pigment, color, texture, density and normal). This caused that a file
created through kpovmodeler could not be loaded afterwards, because the map
would show up after the transformation, wich would be invalid.

Solution:
	There were two possible solutions. Forbiding transformations before the maps
or allowing maps after transformations. I experimented a bit and
transformations before maps don't cause errors both in povray 3.1g and 3.5.
Therefore, I chose the second option.

Please validate the patch (it's quite trivial), and if everything is ok i'll
commit it to the branch.

By the way, I've already commited the necessary changes to baseinsertrules.xml
in HEAD, so those on the bleeding edge are invited to check that out as well.
;)

Regards,
Luis