KPovModeler Tutorial

Luis Carvalho lpassos at oninetspeed.pt
Sat Jul 12 13:13:03 CEST 2003

On Friday 11 July 2003 19:22, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> Hi!

Hi!

> Over the mailing list again. Maybe Luis is reading this.

Although I've been really, really quiet these last few months, I'm still here.
I presume this is part of a conversation with Hugo Ferreira, which, I presume
from the email is also from Portugal, and what's more works/studies in the
same town that I do. :)

> Luis? Are you on holidays?

Aaaahhh, Holidays! I wish! I still have more or less one month to go before
holidays. :(

> On Friday, 11. July 2003 08:30, you wrote:
> > No problem. I have already started looking at the doxygen documentation.
> > I will need some time to "learn" the structure. BTW, are you using any
> > IDE for development?
>
> XEmacs :-)

I use konsole/vim myself. Once I learned vi about 12 years ago I never really
wanted anything else. I made small incursions into emacs (mainly for the
scripting, programmers curiosity really) and kate (to check what was so cool
about it) but ended up back in vim.

Vim has one function I can't survive without: code folding. I wonder how I
could spend more than half my programming life without code folding!

> I tried every version of KDevelop, but never was satisfied by the editor.
> XEmacs has the best autoindentation. Maybe it is time to try the latest
> alpha or CVS version of KDevelop again. I am missing autocompletion in
> XEmacs.

I also check kdevelop regularly, but I hate the available editors. Eventually
one or two hours later I'm back to konsole/vim. Even kvimpart doesn't suit my
needs.

Although a good gui for debugging would definitely be great. I have some
dificulties with kdbg.

> How much time do you want to spend for KPovModeler? Are you interested in
> implementing all missing objects? I'd like to finish the plugin framework
> with a POV-Ray 3.5 plugin for KDE 3.2.
> And we lack the time to do much development at the moment. Would be great
> to have a new team member.

Aye! That it would!

Cheers,
Luis