AW: Installation problem kpovmodeler 1.0

André Nicolaj Zahn kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:14:25 +0100

az@azweb.de wrote

>I think mesa-devel contains this file. You could try to remove
>xf86_glx-devel, install mesa-devel, make a backup of libGL.la (a kind of
>description for the library) and backward and restore your backuped
>libGL.la.

Thanks, that worked!

Now I could install KPovModeler 1.0 and I can run it. Cool, but there's
another problem. In my toolbar only 4 buttons appear (new, open, save,
print) and in Settings > Configure Toolbar everything is empty (only
"OK" and "Cancel" are clickable). And in my "scene tree" (I don't know
what it is called) all objects (box, light, camera, pigment, scale...)
have the same icon - a white sheet of paper. Hm. It's possible that this
has to do with my KDE 3.1.0 installation/update, because I'm missing
some more icons on my system (whereas I miss icons only on my desktop,
not in other KDE programs). :-/

>>Would be great if someone could help me! :-)
>>

>The easiest way would be to go to apps.kde.com, search for kpovmodeler and
>download the SuSE rpms. I will add a link to this page from the download
>page. There are quite a number of rpms yet.

Yes, i do prefer installing RPMs, because the chance that my
installation is successful is much better!! ;)) But I couln't find a
download link although I have regeistered at kde.com. That's why I tried
to compile it on my own. Maybe I'll try it again...

Thank you very much for your support!

nic