SOR

Andreas Zehender kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:47:20 +0200

Hi!

On Monday 30 September 2002 12:37, Tarax wrote:
> I do agree with Olivier. Furthermore, it could be designed as the root of=
> 2d drafting module, wich should be really interesting for revolving,
> extruding .... and for more specialized uses of kpovmodeler, like in the
> field of Architecture (wich I'm specialy interested in ;). See the post I
> made weeks ago about design choices, referring to FormZ*radiosity. If I h=
ad
> only one wish, it would be to not only focus on animation, games, etc...
> but really consider fields needing really precise data handling. So,
> advanced snaping options and things like that are at the top of my wish
> list. I also hope that the plugin architecture will allow the portage of
> some great includes, objects, & macros that can be found on the www (like
> stairs, trees, city, openings generators, Chris Colefax's stuff ...).

What do you mean by advanced snaping options?

Yes, the plugin framework will make object creation plugins like landscape =
and=20
tree generators possible.

Object plugins and object creation plugins are already possible. What I am=
=20
implementing at the moment is that plugins can add pages to the configure=20
dialog.
The next planed steps are: Give all views access to control points and make=
=20
new kinds of views possible (like the requested 2d sor, prism and lathe=20
view). And the import/export and renderer plugin part is missing, too, but=
=20
should be quite straight forward to implement.

When the plugin framework is finished (which will take some time), I will n=
ot=20
be able to implement new features but will first have to write a huge and=20
detailed HOWTO for all kinds of plugins.

Next on my road map is the mesh object. I still don't have a good idea how =
to=20
handle the great complexity of meshes in the wire frame views. Does anybody=
=20
know a small and simple 3d app with nice mesh editing features like extrude=
=20
etc.?
The only 3d apps I used so far is moray and a litle bit blender (some years=
=20
ago), but don't have access to a professional modeler.

> > Sign...
> > If some more developers would join us...
> > maybe...
> > and the wishlist will not get smaller if millions of kde users will
> > install KPovModeler with kde 3.1...
>
> I hope kde 3.1 release will aknowledge the world of the great work you did
> & encourage coders all around involving in kpovmodeler's improvement
> process. Like Olivier, I think we're gonna walk a long way side by side...

Hmmmmmmmmmm...
Nice to hear :-)

Andreas
=2D-=20