Busy but happy

CARVALHO Luis Passos kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:55:04 +0100

Hi Olivier,

> Question 1: I can't use image map (i.e., using a jpeg picture
> as a texture) for
> any of the primitives in my actual version of kpm (still 0.2,
> as I can't access
> CVS). Could someone write me a short guideline about
> achieving this feat, even
> minimally? At home, each time, Preview and Render ends in a
> Povray exit error
> code but I don't know if it's because I lack skill or because
> there's a bug of
> some sort. Should I send to someone a source example file and
> a screenshot of
> the error message?

Possible things:
	Image file type not accepted by povray. I'm not sure jpeg is
accepted.
	Povray is unable to find the file you specified (paths).

Could you please send me:
	The error message povray gives.
	The povray file generated.

> Question 4: will we ever have a fillet, chamfer, rounding,
> corner set of tools
> to work the intersection of objects involved in CSG? It would
> be soooo cool!

This could be very hard. Maybe a plugin could do it at some point.
Just don't expect it for all types of objects.

> You'll hear soon from me about the tutorial #03 about CSG :o)

Can't wait. :)

> Cheers,
> Olivier

Hope to hear from you soon,