Feature Request #3: automatic light altitude

Andreas Zehender kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:40:44 +0100

Hi!

On Monday 04 November 2002 21:12, Olivier Saraja wrote:
> Yes, me again! (I know, I know, I'm experimenting quite a lot recently, and
> I believe that I'll come with many more feature requests that'll make kpm
> more user friendly IMHO, I guess - hey, don't want to bother you, pals!)
>
> This could be another useful feature: when creating a light, an optional
> checkbox could constrain the y value to a value equal to 1.2 times the
> greatest dimension of any of the Finite primitives of the scene... It helps
> in having a pertinent lighting most of the time... The kpm user could then
> uncheck the optional box in order to modify the automatic y value. Of
> course, only the y value should be affected.
>
> And what about coding a Sun-type light object? Basicly, it'd be a point
> light whose altitude and position around the scene, and also "warmness" of
> the color changes with the time of the day... I think such features exists
> in most terrain generators, but also in modelers/renderers such as Creative
> Studio and many others...

That's too specific for the light object.
Maybe if we have a constraint system, but that's on the very, very, very long
term TODO list.

Andreas

 Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 Student, 10th semester computer science