Feature Request #3: automatic light altitude

Olivier Saraja kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:12:18 +0100

Yes, me again! (I know, I know, I'm experimenting quite a lot recently, and I
believe that I'll come with many more feature requests that'll make kpm more
user friendly IMHO, I guess - hey, don't want to bother you, pals!)

This could be another useful feature: when creating a light, an optional
checkbox could constrain the y value to a value equal to 1.2 times the
greatest dimension of any of the Finite primitives of the scene... It helps
in having a pertinent lighting most of the time... The kpm user could then
uncheck the optional box in order to modify the automatic y value. Of course,
only the y value should be affected.

And what about coding a Sun-type light object? Basicly, it'd be a point light
whose altitude and position around the scene, and also "warmness" of the
color changes with the time of the day... I think such features exists in
most terrain generators, but also in modelers/renderers such as Creative
Studio and many others...

--
Amicalement,
Olivier Saraja