[kplato] Charts

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 28 14:04:01 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 10:26:07 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 28 April 2008, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > > I've been told by Cyrille from KOffice to implement KoShape from Flake
> > > instead of the current charts view, is it the right way to do it ?
> >
> > I haven't used flake at all in kplato (yet) hence my knowledge is limited
> > so take my opinions with a a grain (or two) of salt. Also, because of
> > this there is *no* infrastructure in kplato to handle shapes. I don't
> > know what is needed, though, so maybe that is not a big issue.
> > AFAIK KoShape can be used as a wrapper around a widget. (Which could be a
> > chart.) AFAICS you'll need to implement the basic stuff like data access
> > and painting wether it's a shape or not. What you get from the shape is
> > things like scaling and rotation, _and_ the chart will be available for
> > use in other KOffice apps.
>
> I think the main idea is to use the Chart shape from KoChart in KPlato
> instead of the current plotting widget. So rotating and scaling is not
> really relevant ;)

An idea:

How difficult would it be to create a QWidget that can embed any flake shape
(say KoFlakeShapeWidget). The widget would resize the shape when it is
resized itself, and do other housekeeping too.  Along with this, a
KoFlakeToolWidget could be created to embed the appropriate tool.

Of course, these two widgets would only be used in applications that cannot
use flake directly.

	-Inge