[kplato] MS Project XML Import

Gaël de Chalendar Gael.de-Chalendar at cea.fr
Wed Sep 6 18:14:48 CEST 2006

Hello,

MS Project XML file format is called MSPDI and seems to be quite well
documented:
http://safariexamples.informit.com/0130674494/DOCS/1033/PROJXML.HTM
It is an open source (NOT FREE !!!) format.

There is at least one Java library (used by GanttProject) which implements it
and also other MS Project file formats.

During 2005, there was a lot of discussions between open projects to implement
a common format (OpenOffice, KPlato, etc.). Now, all sites on this subject
seem to be dead (no recent updates). I hope it is not, as developping a xslt
to convert ms project to this new format could be the right solution.

Do some of you have other informations ?

Regards,

Gaël