[kplato] Hello

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Fri Nov 10 08:30:34 CET 2006

Torsdag 09 november 2006 18:34 skrev Kevin Ottens:
> Le Lundi 6 Novembre 2006 14:26, Dag Andersen a écrit :
> > Lørdag 04 november 2006 12:55 skrev Nicolas MICAS:
> > Could you give me an idea of your criteria for selecting things to do, I
> > would be in a better position to propose things that's not on your list.
>
> Actually I'd be interest in seeing those criteria explained too. :-)
>
> > > - Start-to-finish relation.
> >
> > Not the most used type of dependency, but nice to have for completeness.
> >
> > Prio: 1
>
> I'm wondering about this one. I'm not 100% about the semantic of this
> dependency. Could someone enlighten me?
task1 <--- task2.
means task2 has to start before task1 can finish, so I suppose task2 should be
calculated first.
I don't think there are many use cases for it, I can't pull one from the top
of my head just now ;)

> > > - KDGantt:
> >
> > There has been some improvements to KDGantt since these todos where
> > written. Note that KDGantt is a little tricky since it's code originates
> > from Klaraelvdalens Datakonsult (KD). They develop on their original and
> > may (or may not) donate their changes to us. This means that the more
> > changes we do on our "copy" the more problems we have when KD's changes
> > shall be merged with ours. That said, kplato needs *some* additions to
> > work, so we can't totally avoid it. OTOH if we make some useful, good
> > quality patches KD might want to incorporate them.
>
> What are your current relationship with KDAB? It would be interesting to
> have feedback from them before hand if we want to push patches. It would be
> unfortunate to prepare patches that wouldn't get integrated upstream.
Not much of an relationship atm, I don't know (think) there is anyone from
KDAB that follows up on us. I have sort of postponed KDGantt atm since  I
have lot of other stuff to do :)
KDGantt needs to be ported to qt4 which I suspect is not an easy job, there
are some peculiar code in there. But, it's not urgent, it will run as long as
qt3support exists.

> > > - Icons. Would be nice to have a set with a consistent look.
> >
> > Yes, please, artists are in short supply!
> >
> > Prio: 5 ( :) )
>
> Just to make it clear, I doubt they have the skills and the time to work on
> this one. Well, maybe one or two of them have the skills, but probably not
> the time.
I didn't really expect it, hence my smiley.

> That said, it would probably be interesting to work on expressing the needs
> (which icons, and what they should display) for our KDE artists. Maybe
> contacting the kde-artists list would be a nice first step. In the worst
> case it would raise awareness that KPlato needs icons, in the best case on
> of the artists would work on it guided by the expressed needs.
Yes, agree to that.
I think they know, though, because contact has been made both for kplato alone
and for koffice as a whole. Hmmm, time flies, it must have been nearly a year
ago, before 1.5 release.
The dream is to have a constistent set for all of koffice, of course.

--
Mvh
Dag Andersen