[kplato] problem with multiple working duration per day

fmdp fmdp at free.fr
Thu Jan 5 10:45:35 CET 2006

Hi Dag,

I only updated kplato and it crashes at sometimes.
so, now, all koffice is updated & compiling and it takes long time!!!

few answers to your questions, I'll report success/problems on the execution
when compilation will be finished (in few hours...)

Le Mercredi 4 Janvier 2006 13:36, Dag Andersen a écrit :

> Ok, think I fixed it, probably I was interrupted during implementation
> because the functionality wasn't complete. I simplified the use of
> the StandardWorktime thing (do you have a better name?). It's only
> used when entering/showing estimates now. To define working hours you
> have to use calendars. (The problem with setting calendar for
> resources is also fixes.)
As you are in calendars, could you implement something like that:
- a widget to define working day type (where we can say:
workingDayType1=8:0-12:0, workingDayType2=8:0-12:0 + 14:0-18:0
workingDayType3=8:0-12:0+14:0-18:0+20:0-23:0)
- in calendar, use those user-defined day types instead of specifing working
plages by hand for each
- multi-selection in calendar to set more than one day at once

It would be helpfull for those who have partial time working, or are working
on several project at a time.

> Fixed. BTW, the duration/effort widget, do you you think it works ok?
> Shaheed came up with this since we wanted a (simple) way to localize
> it. It's still kind of prototype, atm it can't handle more than days,
> it should at least handle weeks imo.
As a project leader, or even as a 'ressource', what I expect is:
If I have 2 tasks at the same time for a ressource, the duration must take the
effort into account:
taskA and taskB are both planned for ressource1 starting at 1rst january and
both takes 5 days of effort. So, both duration must be 10 days,  as
ressource1 will have to spend 2*5days.
So, taskA will be:
- starting at 1/01
- effort 5days
- duration 10days
- ressource usage 50%

But I must admit that this may be hard to implement, as tasks may overlap at
random times...
I don't know how other do, but I think it would be very very very usefull!!!

What is your opinion?

Fred