[kplato] source access

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Sun May 29 22:08:26 CEST 2005

Hi Mathias!

On Thursday 26 May 2005 19:12, Mathias Lieber wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> OK now I know this project is alive - so where does it live?

svn co https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/koffice

See http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/subversion/ for
details of using subversion with KDE.

> I can browse the doxygen output and also WebSVN,
> but there seems to be no archive around, waiting to be downloaded.

KPlato has not yet been released to public, this intended for the next
major KOffice release. Thus you also won't find any tarball. Please
use the subversion repository pointed to above. (see also below)

> It is not included into koffice package yet, right?
> I have installed koffice 1.4beta from sources lately
> (but already deleted the src directories). I searched
> the install path, but here was nothing like *plato*.

Yes, it's not released with the public releases, but it IS present in
the repository.

> Is there any way to get just the kplato sources?
> This would help people like me get involved.

Well, that might be a difficult issue. My suggestion is to checkout
the whole koffice source tree (see above). If you do not want to
compile ALL of KOffice, but only KPlato, you should do the following:

make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=/wherever/you/want/your/development/versions
cd ./lib
make
make install
cd ..
cd ./kdgantt
make
make install
cd ..
cd kplato
make
make install
cd ..

Now you should have the kplato binary in the given prefix (+ /bin).
Please note that you should have the specified prefix in KDEDIRS
before launching KDE. Like this:
export KDEDIRS=/opt/kde3:/wherever/you/want/your/development/versions

I think it should also be fine if you just export this in a shell from
which you want to run kplato (just before calling kplato).

Note that I'm not exactly sure if /lib, /kdgantt and /kplato is all
you need or if you need other (small) components (you will see). I
usually build all of koffice.

> Thank you very much.

Hope it helps a bit. If you still can't get along, let me/us know.

> Kind Regards
> M. Lieber

Regards,
--