[kplato] request

Mark Tombs mtombs at chello.se
Sun Oct 31 13:14:35 CET 2004

On Sunday 31 October 2004 11.22, Dag Andersen wrote:
> On Fredag 29 oktober 2004 20:35, Mark Tombs wrote:
> > Hi list
> >
> > I have a request for kplato functionality. Can it please, please,
> > please not auto-schedule the way MS Project does, or at least make
> > it optional? Its the most annoying thing. If I have an
>
> I think optional.
>
> > over-allocation or whatever, I prefer to be told about it and
> > decide myself what to do, rather than have my tasks shifting all
> > over the place.
>
> To be able to find out if there is conflicts the project needs to be
> scheduled, no?

Of course, but it doesn't need to be automatically scheduled for me. I am
capable of entering my own task durations  (which doesn't have to be work *
resources, like MSProject insists.) I want to be in control of my project
plan, is all. I should be able to over-allocate resources if I want to :) An
auto-schedule function should definitely exist, but in my opinion it should
be something I request, then it happens, then my plan is left alone, if you
understand what I mean.