[kplato] request

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Sun Oct 31 11:22:55 CET 2004

On Fredag 29 oktober 2004 20:35, Mark Tombs wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I have a request for kplato functionality. Can it please, please,
> please not auto-schedule the way MS Project does, or at least make
> it optional? Its the most annoying thing. If I have an
I think optional.
> over-allocation or whatever, I prefer to be told about it and
> decide myself what to do, rather than have my tasks shifting all
> over the place.
To be able to find out if there is conflicts the project needs to be
scheduled, no?

Hmm, maybe if we define a 'schedule only new task'-mode of calculation
that effectively freezes existing tasks.
So, if linked to existing tasks the new task will be scheduled in
accordance with these but the old tasks will not be rescheduled.
If there is enough float and resources it's ok, else conflicts are
reported.
What do say?

> Don't know what the plans are re this, but thought I'd get in
> early...
>
> thanks
>
> Mark

Mvh,