[kplato] Current CVS of kplato

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Mon Nov 29 10:17:12 CET 2004

On Lørdag 27 november 2004 17:59, John Lamb wrote:
> I've done several recent builds of kplato. But always when I start
> from a konsole it appears to go into an infinite loop - no
> segfaults.
>
> I do a complete CVS build of koffice in /usr/local/koffice/kde.
> I've had no problems with the actual build. kspread and kword run
> without any problems and are CVS builds, as opposed to the versions
> in /opt/kde, but kplato isn't showing a GUI (or anything else). I
> can get it to show something by putting a kdebug in main.cc.
>
> I build in a Build directory rather than source and have tried with
I have always used source dir, don't know if it makes any difference.
> various CXXFLAGS settings, but always the same result.
> KDEDIR=/usr/local/koffice/kde
> KDEDIRS=/usr/local/koffice/kde:/opt/kde3
Looks ok

> Any clues? I'd like to check some of the code, but this is tricky
> if I can't run the GUI.
Well, not many clues, so this is just random thoughts ;)
I always do make install. (It is possible to run from build dir, but
I've never tried.)
Hmm, you probably pick up the correct kplato since you can modify
main().
If you don't even get to the koffice template dialog, it could be some
mismatch there. You could maybe try to put in some debug statements
in KPTPart to see how far it gets (if it gets there at all).

This isn't much but it's always hard when there is so little evidence.
--
Mvh,
Dag Andersen