[kplato] Fwd: RE: license and patent issues with PMXML

Mark Tombs mtombs at chello.se
Mon Nov 8 19:39:27 CET 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 17.15, ian_d_stewart at bankone.com wrote:
> On Monday, 08 November 2004, Dag Anderson <danders at get2net.dk> wrote:
>
>       On Mandag 08 november 2004 09:07, Mark Tombs wrote:
>       > If it covers the requirements, why not.
>
>       A couple of things I noted:
>       Does anyone have a problem with TaskID=long? (Mark, I think you
> wanted
>       a string):
>       <xsd:attribute name="TaskID" type="xsd:long" use="required"/>
>
> Since this is an identifier, wouldn't it make sense to use xml:NMTOKEN ?

I don't know what that is, but I know for my purposes having an ID that is
restricted to a number is a problem. I note its the same for project ID and
resource ID. I'm not sure why they have that restriction, but like I said its
a problem for the integration I want to do. Nothing I couldn't work around,
though, as they allow for 'ExtendedAttributes'. I could store my project /
task / resource code there.

> Ian
>
> Ian D. Stewart
> Open Systems Engineer II, Enterprise Midrange System Automation
> JPMorganChase Global Technology Infrastructure
> Phone: (614) 244-2564
> Pager: (888) 260-0078
>

>                       Dag Andersen
>                       <danders at get2net.        To:       kplato at kde.org
>                       dk>                      cc:
>                                                Subject:  Re: [kplato] Fwd:
> RE: license and patent issues with PMXML 11/08/2004 11:02
>                       AM
>                       Please respond to
>                       kplato
>
> On Mandag 08 november 2004 09:07, Mark Tombs wrote:
> > If it covers the requirements, why not.
>
> A couple of things I noted:
> Does anyone have a problem with TaskID=long? (Mark, I think you wanted
> a string):
> <xsd:attribute name="TaskID" type="xsd:long" use="required"/>
>
> Could there be other types of resources?
> <xsd:documentation>Type of Resource: 0=Material,
> 1=Work</xsd:documentation>

What about roles? I can't see any support for them at all.

> There must be more currencies in the world, isn't there?
> <xsd:simpleType name="enumRateUnits">
>  <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
>   <xsd:enumeration value="USD"/>
>   <xsd:enumeration value="DM"/>
>   <xsd:enumeration value="JPY"/>
>   <xsd:enumeration value="EURO"/>
>   <xsd:enumeration value="GBP"/>
>   <xsd:enumeration value="CHF"/>
>  </xsd:restriction>
> </xsd:simpleType>

Swedish Kroner, for one. I live in Sweden.

<xsd:element name="AppName" type="xsd:integer">
 <xsd:annotation>
  <xsd:documentation>ID of the application this data was extracted from:
1 = Project Office 3.2
8 = Microsoft Project 98
9 = Microsoft Project 2000
  </xsd:documentation>
 </xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>

I know its not actually an enum, but is this list under any control? If so,
who's?