[KPhotoAlbum] Other workflow ideas

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Nov 7 13:56:02 GMT 2019

I like the idea of #1. They already get automatically marked as untagged,
but I have many thousands of those.

What I do now is always load to a new folder named with the most recent
date of an image from the camera (with a separate sub-tree for each
camera), so I can find the new photos using the folder selection option. I
also have a "Done" category and flag that I have to set manually. I use
that because it's easy to forget and accidentally select Done in tag
(multiple) images instead of Continue Later.

I'm not sure about #2 because I usually tag a number of images at once
using mouse selections, so I don't usually go through them one-by-one.
(Which is partly why I have a ton of untagged images.)

If you consider this hijacking your thread, I'm willing to repost the
following separately.

Indirectly related: When I'm tagging images, I can't see what I'm doing. I
have to toggle the image previewer because it shows the tags and tokens.

I would really love a mode that displayed all assigned tags and tokens
(below) each image. I would keep it turned on when I was working on
tagging. This would be particularly useful when using tokens because
setting a token is invisible so that if I forget I set it on a particular
image and set it again, it toggles it off.

I have a love/hate relationship with the image previewer. It's very
finicky as to when it shows or hides the preview and if you switch to
doing something else with the preview displayed, it can get stuck on the
screen even when KPA is minimized and you can't get rid of it without
going back into KPA and turning it off.

Joe