[KPhotoAlbum] Other workflow ideas

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 7 00:28:15 GMT 2019

A couple of other workflow-related ideas that come to mind:

1) Automatically add a token (as an option) to all images upon
newly-imported images; the token could be manually removed when no
longer of interest.  Why manually?  Partly it's simpler, or at least
less destructive; partly I might have a reason for wanting to
accumulate images from multiple import sessions.

2) A single keystroke for tag-and-next.  Currently when reviewing
images I have to use two keystrokes for each image I select (I use A
for my "select" token, so I need to type "A <space>".  This may sound
nitpicky, but when you're selecting hundreds of images under time
pressure, it adds up.  Just to give you an idea what I mean, I'm
carrying a patch to RawTherapee to not automatically return to the
hand tool after cropping an image, because I want that tool to remain
in effect for the next image.  And the whole reason I use RawTherapee
in the first place to crop images is because its crop tool works by
simply drawing a box, rather than having to drag the crop frame in
from the sides (which usually requires two actions).

--Eric Crampton