[KPhotoAlbum] Searching

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Oct 18 20:33:38 BST 2018

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2018, 11:36:08 CEST schrieb Martin Hoeller:
> If we are ever going to have something like this, the IMHO best approach
> would be to have some kind of API where you give a picture (and maybe
> some meta-data) as input and get back some suggested tags as output.
>
> This way the user could use an AI from google, amazon, etc. or some other
> source of information, whatever it might be.

This approach has the additional advantage that you can use it for other
things as well: suppose you want to generate tags via a script (maybe by
correlating image GPS/date info with a travel log that you keep, or because
you already fill your "Copyright" category from some exif info). Then it would
be handy to have kphotoalbum just "ingest" the external tagging data…

Cheers,
  Johannes