[KPhotoAlbum] Import crash

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat May 20 04:20:38 BST 2017

On Thu, 18 May 2017 22:41:30 +0200, Johannes Zarl-Zierl wrote:
> [...]
>> I suspect QLayout isn't really designed for that many items; it's very
>> flexible and tries hard to achieve the best layout for the widgets you
>> put into it.  If I run it under gdb, and break into it, it looks like
>> it's spending a huge amount of time doing stuff like this (all inside
>> that ImportExport::ImportDialog::exec() call):
> [...]
>> For that matter, a lot of times when I'm doing an import I'm really
>> not interested in selecting which files I want to import; just grab
>> the whole thing and go.
>
> I've not recently looked at that part of the import process, but I
> would imagine that asking the user whether to display that dialog
> shouldn't be hard to do...

I'm writing a perl script to do this.

Thus far I'm just doing the uncompressed format.  There may be
features I haven't taken into account yet; when I'm ready to send it
out people can comment.

I assume that the ordering of elements is arbitrary except within
images, where I'm sorting by <start date, file name>.

--Eric Crampton