[KPhotoAlbum] Large-scale DB merge

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat May 20 22:26:01 BST 2017

On Freitag, 19. Mai 2017 23:20:38 CEST Robert Krawitz wrote:
> I'm writing a perl script to do this.
>
> Thus far I'm just doing the uncompressed format.  There may be
> features I haven't taken into account yet; when I'm ready to send it
> out people can comment.

Sounds good.

> I assume that the ordering of elements is arbitrary except within
> images, where I'm sorting by <start date, file name>.

Categories, member-groups and images (and blocklist) may appear in any order.

Within these elements, the order of sub-elements is usually non-random. E.g.
the order of <image> tags within <images> denotes the order in which images
are shown in the browser. Sorting this by date is a good idea for most users.

Btw: maybe documentation/database-layout.md is of interest to you?

Cheers,
  Johannes