[KPhotoAlbum] Git screwup and how to recover

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Tue Aug 2 19:40:16 BST 2016

Hi,

Yesterday I erraneously rebased the kf5-branch onto master and pushed the
result to the origin/master. The KDE sysadmins did a roll-back at my request,
so everything is fine now.

If you did a "git pull" yesterday you may need some steps to bring your local
copy back in sync with origin.

Note: If you did not pull from the KDE repository between Aug 1, 16:00 UTC and
Aug 2, 7:20 UTC, then you don't have to do anything and you can safely ignore
this mail.

If you are affected, you will see the following message when doing a pull:

# git br
master
# git pull
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 68 commits.

To discard the local commits that are affected by the roll-back, you can use
git reset:

# git reset --hard origin/master
HEAD is now at 0ffaa5c Updated the ChangeLog for the upcoming 4.7.2 release.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

All the best,
  Johannes