[KPhotoAlbum] IPTC keyword import...

Tuomas Suutari tuomas.suutari at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:48:51 BST 2016

Hi!

>> to get them to import as keywords?  I remember back in the day there
>> were metadata options with kphotoalbum, and I could specify what
>> field mapped where...  Is something like that still available somewhere?
>
> I'm afraid that this functionality is not part of kphotoalbum (although I,
> too, remember having something like this back in the kimdaba days).

Wasn't that a KIPI plugin?

I think it was MetadataEdit KIPI plugin that implemented "Import EXIF"
and "Import IPTC", but that seems to be moved from KIPI plugins to
Digikam [1]. I don't know if the version of KIPI plugins that includes
the MetadataEdit is still available in distros or would that need
installing an older distro.

[1] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kipi-plugins.git&a=commit&h=741a480d738b95f6e357cf203d76c71fec0a51c6