[KPhotoAlbum] Upgrade messages I don't understand

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Feb 20 20:06:54 GMT 2015

Just got the upgrade (from 4.4 - regressed from 4.5) to 4.6 to work. Yay!

Aside from the tiny glitches I mentioned in my previous thread, there
are a couple of things i don't understand.

1) There is the message about letting the database upgrade and then
saving it yourself.

I have read the recent posts on this list explaining it, but I still
don't understand what it's about or what I was supposed to do to "save"
things :"immediately" as soon as the message appeared.

2) I got another pop-up about a tag for untagged images (screenshot
attached) and I don't  have any idea what to do with that either.

I selected untagged images from the main KPA panel and it took me to a
dialog for setting an "untagged" tag.

IIRC, there used to be a default tag (I think it was called "Untagged".)
that would get set (or unset - however it worked) when I selected "Done"
on the Annotate images panel. This was something KPA took care of for
me. I don't remember/know how I'm supposed to handle it now.

So far, I have not had to edit anything or add any images, so I have not
clicked on Save yet. So, I get both of the above messages every time I
start KPA. This is as it should be - I just don't want to save things
until I understand what they mean and what I need to do about them.

TIA

Joe