[KPhotoAlbum] Super categories makeover

Johannes Zarl johannes at zarl.at
Tue Aug 5 22:25:53 BST 2014

Hi Tobias,

I like the clean look of the tree representation, but I fear that having the
categories inside the tree will confuse users (e.g. "why can't I make Places a
subcategory of Keywords?"). Having a stronger visual distinction in the final
version would be great.

Do you want the category-tree widget to replace the others on the subcategory
page, or do you intend to keep them side-by-side? In the latter case, we would
need to sync the views somehow.

> I added a QTreeWidget to the SubCategoriesPage, along with two functions
> translating the current two-level hierarchy of super- and subcategories in a
> tree hierarchy, which is then added to the QTreeWidget.
>
> Is it okay to do it in this way?

I don't see why it shouldn't work this way. Maybe it would be good to combine
the drop-down category selector with the tree-view - this way you have
something better than "1" to display as a column title in the tree view
widget, and you don't have the issues I described above in the initial
paragraph.

> If so, "all" that has to be done is
> renaming, drag-and-drop support and adding new sub-categories.

Sure. Go for it!

Cheers,
  Johannes