[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Re: KPhotoAlbum crashes while generating thumbnails during start

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de
Mon May 20 19:09:14 BST 2013

Hello Manfred,

On Monday 20 May 2013 18:44:35 Manfred Usselmann wrote:
> sorry, it took me a while to find the time to compile KPA and test your
> patch.
>
> Unfortunately I can't see any improvement.

:-| Thanks for testing it, anyways.

> Is there anything else that I can try now that I'm able to compile KPA?

Nothing I can think of, at the moment. I've just recreated something like your
setup (access to the database & images using NFS), and performance-wise I get
the same kind of problems now. I'll try to further dig into this...

> Btw. initially I did get an error when I tried to apply the patch:
>
> manfred at icg-pc217:~/src/kphotoalbum$ git apply
> 0001-Disable-Thumbnailrequest-preemption.patch
> 0001-Disable-Thumbnailrequest-preemption.patch:18: trailing whitespace.
> [...]
> Using --whitespace=fix seems to fix it:
> I hope this was the right thing to do?

Yes. That's the right thing to do. (I'm not sure how the trailing whitespace
got there, though. When I check the patch in my sent mail, there is no
trailing whitespace...)

  Johannes