[KPhotoAlbum] RFC: New design for Date/Time part of annotation dialog, autorange for datebar

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 05:33:12 BST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Johannes Zarl <
isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 18 April 2013 08:32:38 Joe wrote:
> > On 04/17/2013 06:00 PM, Johannes Zarl wrote:
> > > I'll add a tooltip/whatsthis to the datebar then, so that the DateBar
> is
> > > easier to grok for new users.
> > Great. Thanks.
>
> The changes are now in git master. It would be nice if somebody would try
> it
> out and proofread the WhatsThis/check if it's comprehensible...
>
> Text of the WhatsThis:
> "<title>The date bar</title>"
> "<para>The date bar gives you an overview of the approximate number of
> images
> taken in a given time frame.</para>"
> it, a
> histogram indicates the number of images for that time range."
> You can scroll the time line either by using the arrow keys or the scroll
> wheel, or by dragging it using the middle mouse button.</para>"
> time
> frame by clicking below the time line and marking the time frame.</para>"
> the thumbnail view, i.e. jumps to the first thumbnail of the time unit in
> focus.</para>"

I did not find where this text is shown on the GUI.

arrow keys => arrow buttons
Clicking above the timeline => Clicking on the timeline

Could also add that zooming in and out the timeline is possible with the
magnifier buttons or ctrl-wheel.

> @miika and jesper: I've taken the freedom to add the middle mouse button
> as an
> additional drag-and-scroll-button for the datebar. For me it feels more
> "natural" than the current Ctrl-LMB.
>
> Ctrl-LMB is used for scrolling e.g. in zoomed in images on viewer (and
used on many other apps for similar purposes). However, I do not really
have any strong opinion on this as the timeline is quite different widget.

miika